Friday, October 22, 2010

Feminine Friday: Rejoicing In Singleness

Here we are again! Another Friday and another feminine aspect to look at. Today's verse is 1 Corinthians 7:34:

"...In the same way, a woman who is no longer married or has never been married can be devoted to the Lord and holy in body and in spirit. But a married woman has to think about her earthly responsibilities and how to please her husband."

I have to admit, I struggle with this. For years, I've had a desire to be coupled with someone. To be loved and admired. To know that someone thought me the most beautiful person in the whole wide world. But not too long ago, I stumbled across the above verse. And isn't it true! 

As a single young woman, I am free to serve the Lord in any way I choose. I can focus on where He's leading ME and not US. I can put my full attention on pleasing Him and Him alone!

More importantly, I know that He loves me and cherishes me for who I am! This time of singleness should be spent growing my relationship with my Heavenly Husband, not moping about for lack of a diamond. 

So, if you my dear, are single and wish not to be, then remember that really, you aren't single! You are the Bride of Christ and He makes a better Husband than anyone here on earth ever could. Take delight in His adoring eyes and remember that no one could love you more. You are cherished!

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing these thoughts. They were an encouragement to me.

    ~ Melinda ~

    ReplyDelete